Home » Recipes
Category Archives: Recipes
Fish on coals is always a holiday of taste. Tender and juicy pulp under spicy herbs is perfectly combined with vegetable side dishes, creamy, salty and spicy sauces. Try it and make sure – this dish you want to cook again. Today we make salmon steak on coals according to our simple recipes with photos.
Even if you are not a big fan of sea and river life and prefer meat to them, be sure to try this dish. You won’t have to look for bones – you’ll be cooking from sirloin pre-fried chunks.
Salmon is the name of a fish found in salty and fresh waters. It is a real delicacy, containing many valuable trace elements, nutritious and delicious. Not surprisingly, pink meat steaks are a dish that often becomes a picnic ornament. Cooking it is easy, it fits perfectly with the most common side dish – grilled vegetables. Why not try it?
In this article, we have collected several ways to refresh the usual taste of delicious fish. We will tell you about them later, but in the meantime we will give you some useful tips.
How to keep the salmon pulp juicy and make a flawless steak
- Charcoal from fruit and fruit trees is suitable for grilling. You shouldn’t take pine firewood – it will “share” with a dish of resinous smell.
- We need a strong fever to roast. You just need to determine the temperature – bring your palm to the grill. If your hand is tolerant, you have to wait a few more minutes, if you can’t stand it and a couple of seconds, you can send the fillet to the coals.
- Fish, like meat, requires pickling before cooking. Prepared steaks should be left in a special dressing – it will give the pulp a special flavor, make it soft and juicy.
- For a good marinade will suit any fragrant herbs – for example, rosemary, thyme, cilantro. We should also not forget about the basis – vegetable oil (olive), as well as pepper, salt, garlic. But do not get carried away – having broken the taste of salmon, you will not return it.
If you decide to prepare a delicious fish, do not forget about the three principles:
Sugar makes salmon taste better
The secret combination of “sugar and salt” will make the taste of any fish play in a new way. Carry out an experiment. Add salt and sugar to 1 liter of water – 1 tablespoon each. Let the fillet lie in this simple marinade for about half an hour, and then fry it on the grill and try it.
Do not use acid for marinade
If you pour lemon juice on your steaks, you’ll see that they’ll get whiter in time. This whiteness is nothing more than a coiled protein. Do not add wine or lemon juice to the marinade – acid can only be used if you are going to fill the whole steak. Then you can put slices of lemon in your abdomen – this will not spoil the taste, but enrich it.
Don’t overdo the fish
If you bake the fish too long, it will become too dry inside. For the pulp to remain juicy and delicious, sea fish should be cooked to a state “with cheese inside”. Only pike-perch, pike-perch, bream, fathead, catfish and other inhabitants of rivers and lakes should fry well.
Recipes of delicious grilled salmon, step by step, from the photo of the cooked dish…
With the original sauce
We’ll need steaks (4 pieces), a third glass of North American pecan nuts, a bunch of cilantro, soft cheese grated on a medium grater, half non-fat meat broth, a tablespoon of apple vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, pepper and salt to taste.
- Roast the nuts, grind them, but do not wash them in powder, but leave large pieces.
- In a bowl of blender we combine chopped nuts with grated cheese sliced with coriander, butter, vinegar, broth, salt, pepper.
- Grill grill grate well covered with butter. Sprinkle steaks with coarse salt and pepper, fry each piece for 4 minutes with skin and 3 – on the other side.
- Serve the prepared dish with nut and cheese sauce.
For this recipe we will need 1 kg of gourmet fish fillet, 6-7 tbsp of vegetable oil, a few large jalapeno peppers without core and seeds, ripe tomatoes sliced into halves (1 kg), salt, pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, put the sliced peppers, fry on low heat for about 5 minutes, send on a dish.
- Cook the tomatoes in a saucepan over a strong fire, waiting for the juice to be extracted. After placing the contents of the saucepan in a bowl, cook the juice with the remaining flesh until it thickens. As soon as the sauce comes out of the juice, turn off the fire, connect the tomatoes to the sauce, salt.
- Place salmon fillet on a double sheet of foil, oil it with a silicone brush. On the edges of the foil roll up, making from its ends of the handle, lift the sheet, place it on a heated grill, hold it for about 6 minutes.
- After turning the steak and place it on another sheet in the same way, grease, salt and pepper, cook for about 10 minutes.
Serve the cooked fish with tomatoes in its own juice and peppers.
With honey and mustard.
For this dish we will need the following ingredients: mustard (a couple of tablespoons with the top), horseradish (a quarter cup), a couple of tablespoons of liquid honey (or sugar-coated but pre-melted in a water bath), 4 steaks, butter (ideally olive), pepper and salt.
- Heat the grill. Before that we combine in a shallow cup mustard, honey, horseradish. Rub the resulting mixture of salmon fillet, grease the top with oil, sprinkle with pepper, salt.
- Send fish to the grid and fry on an open fire: first skin down (about 3-4 minutes), then – skin up (another 3 minutes).
- After that, turn the fillet over again and water it with the remaining mustard honey sauce. Leave it on the grate for literally 20-30 minutes until the liquid turns into a glaze.
- Serve the dish with dressing of honey, horseradish and mustard and grilled vegetables.
With pickles and tarragon
This recipe is especially for those who want to learn how to grill salmon steak deliciously and quickly. For it we will need butter (30 g), one medium salted cucumber sliced into thin slices, a teaspoon of dry tarragon leaves, a teaspoon of mustard, fillet in 4 servings, vegetable oil.
- Cooking sauce. For this we combine the oil with cucumbers, tarragon, grated into powder, mustard. Salt and pepper the resulting mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Rub the steaks with oil, sprinkle on all sides with pepper and coarse salt. Lay out on a grill grate heated, cook on moderate heat for about 3 minutes. After turning over and increase the frying time to 4 minutes.
- Serve steak with salted cucumber sauce, fragrant tarragon, mustard and oil.
- With exotic soy pasta.
Grilled salmon steak
For this recipe we take 4 steaks, 2 tablespoons of white miso paste, half a glass of lemon juice, ginger – grated (2 tbsp) and fresh (half root), sesame oil (2 teaspoons), tablespoon soy sauce, finely chopped green onions, spinach leaves (100 g), pepper, vegetable oil.
- Rub the steaks with soya paste (1 tbsp).
- Cook marinade: mix lemon juice with a tablespoon of ginger, sesame oil. Leave the fillet in the filling station for about 10 minutes.
- Make sauce: combine the remaining ginger with miso, add some lemon juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil. Add finely sliced onions, pepper and mix.
- Heat the grill, place fish on the grill, fry steaks for 5 minutes on the skin side and a minute less on the other side.
- Serve on a plate decorated with spinach leaves, with miso sauce.
Fish is a good substitute for meat. It’s healthy, delicious, juicy. You can always choose an unusual sauce or marinade and create a new flavour. The main thing is not to be afraid to experiment and choose the right grill. With Kamado Joe models, you will be sure of the impeccable flavour and unique atmosphere created by ceramic kamado dishes.
In this article we revealed the secrets of grilling salmon, gave recipes with photos and useful tips to help you make your outdoor holiday unforgettable, and steaks – gentle and juicy. It’s time to call your friends for a picnic.